Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chef Gavin

Gavin is always wanting to create new recipes. Tonight he was banging around in the kitchen trying to create something new. I went in and he had mixed together all kinds of things and was trying to make a cake. He had a bowl full of milk, sugar, honey, baking cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg...etc etc.

So he comes in and wants to bake this concoction. I asked if he had added flour? No. Eggs? No. Baking powder? No. So I went in. I dumped enough flour in the milk mixture to make it as thick as cake batter. Next I told Gavin to get eggs. "How many?" I don't know, lets try one. (I really just didn't want to waste any more eggs on this experiment). Next I sprinkled in some baking powder. We ended up putting them in ramekins and baked them at 350 for 20 min or so.

They actually worked!!! And tasted pretty good! We had leftover whipped cream, so we put some of that on the top. Gavin of course was over the moon!



1 comment: