Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nov 18, CSA

Our last CSA pick up for the year!! I am really going to miss our weekly pick ups. It has been a wonderful blessing to take part in the CSA this year. I could go on and on about the benefits and how much it has helped our family this year! I encourage each of you to look into your local CSAs or farmer's markets. The difference in quality for us this year has been *amazing*. When you see what produce is supposed to look like, it is almost shocking to see produce in the store. It looks so puny!

For our last pick up, we got sweet potatoes, pears and......we will play, "Guess that vegetable" for the one on the left!!


We also ordered a turkey which we will be getting soon. Check out this link to see a national publication that talked about "our" farm! (cut and paste)

http://www.naturalhomemagazine.com/leafy-greens/my-sustainable-Thanksgiving-turkey.aspx?blogid=3180


I also orderd Peach jam from one of the farms apprentinces and it is very good as well.

I will be looking forward to next year!!

No comments: