Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CSA 5/28

CSA pick up was postponed yesterday because of too much mud. They changed it to tonight and we decided to pick up in town since it was still pretty wet out.

We got black seeded simpson lettuce, spinach, a chicken and eggs. I am really excited about the chicken. I have never roasted a chicken before, so I am reading up on how to do that. I will be doing that in the next couple of days. Have lots of spinach, so I need to incoporate some of that in a recipe. I am still thinking manicotti. Just need to get a recipe for that. If you have a good one, send it to me!


Here is our share. A bit more than normal because mom is going out of town this week so she just took enough for a few days.



I am in a salad mood so I think I will be using up the lettuce pretty quickly.

Our note from the CSA told us that because of the rains, they have had some flood and our shares could possibly be light, or non at all for a couple of weeks this summer. I think that is a good lesson for the kids (and all of us) as well. In our "grocery store" culture we get used to all of the foods we want being at our total disposal. This is a lesson in that we need to be grateful for what Mother Nature has provided us and appreciate the times of good harvest! I hope that we won't lose any shares, but I am prepared for some lessons if we are.

No comments: