Tuesday, July 22, 2008

CSA, 7/22

Tonight we made a quick run to the farm to pick up. I was picking up LOTS of blueberries so I wanted to get home to get them in the fridge. I got back in the car and started wishing that I had asked to take a look around the orchard, and about that time the rain started coming down in sheets.

Farmer John, Ramona and his helpers went to a blueberry farm today. Shareholders and non-shareholders had an opportunity to place an order for some. I got a few pounds and they are *delicious*. A serious improvement from what you get at the store!!! The kids each had a handful (or two) with dinner and they are talking about what we can do with our fruit. Blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins have been the top requests.

We also got onions, green beans (including some purple ones!), cucumber and zucchini. I am going to look around the net tonight and find some creative things to do with the produce. I was so excited about picking up blueberries tonight that I darn near forgot about the regular box of produce!

No comments: