Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blueberries

I realized tonight that I had forgotten to post the pictures of recipes of the blueberry muffins we had made after we got our fresh blueberries from the CSA.


Here is my sous chef.....



And the finished product.



Here is the recipe. They are called, "To Die for Blueberry Muffins". I would not say they are to die for, but they are pretty good. :)

Pretty Darn Good Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking. (you will have quite a bit leftover)

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. (I had to cook mine more like 30-35 min)

3 comments:

Megs said...

I've never seen the dress on her!
SO CUTE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Making these in the morning for the inlaws. hope they like them! I can't wait. I love blueberry muffins and have never made them from scratch.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I made them and they were a hit. My father-in-law asked for the recipe and everyone kept commenting how good they were. Thanks again for the recipe!

Amanda