Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CSA dinner

Last week, I made this yummy dinner with some of our CSA produce. First off, I grilled some corn.


Here is one of our special "surprise" ears of corn! The kids loved that!


And here is my famous potato salad. Well, I think it is famous anyway! I get lots of requests for it, let's put it that way. I used potatoes from the CSA. Now, let me just say, if you are a potato salad purist, you may not like this recipe. It is not your standard potato salad. And if you are on a health food kick, this is not the recipe for you either. It may not be good for you, but it tastes darn good!


Heather's Frequently Requested Potato Salad

2 lbs red potatoes
8 oz ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar
2.8 oz bacon bits or pieces
pepper
salt
garlic powder

Place potatoes in pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30ish minutes or until tender. Drain them and let sit for about 10 min. (I just do this so they aren't so hot!) Quarter (or cube) and put in a large bowl. Add dressing, cheese, bacon bits, and seasoning. You can eat it warm or cold. Either way is good!

I also grilled some peaches and then put vanilla ice cream over them. Very very good. To grill them, I cut them in half and then first brushed them with vegetable oil and then put them cut side down directly on the heat for 4ish minutes. Then I moved them to the top rack of the grill cut side up for 10 minutes.

No comments: