Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CSA, 8/19

Here is our share from this week. Farmer John reports that we have passed the peak of the season, so our shares will be getting smaller as the weeks progress. I split a half share, so what is pictured is always actually a 1/4 of a share.



Because mom and I were just trying this out this year, we decided to go small. I wanted to make sure I was going to utilize the food and not let it go to waste. I can honestly say that I have used nearly all the produce. It has been a huge benefit to our family!

My mother in law and I are sharing a Winter Share that is coming up in a couple of months, and I made the jump to sharing a full share. I don't have any doubt that I will utilize what we get and Bev enjoys fresh produce a lot too, and I know she won't have any problems. The Winter share program is new for Farmer John as well, so it will be interesting to see how it all works out.

The kids and I haven't been out to the farm lately as I have had tennis lessons on Tuesday evenings that have made farm pick ups difficult. But tonight was our last night so I am looking forward to getting back out there before our summer share ends.

1 comment:

Secret Garden Supper Club said...

I miss our CSA. Hopefully if you keep writing about how great yours is people will really believe that you can get produce that is 1000% better than anything at a grocery store.

:o)