Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Grilled Corn

I discovered grilling corn last summer and it has been my favorite way to cook and eat corn since then. It gives a nice sweet smokey taste. It is super easy.

Grilled Corn

Leave the husks on! I put them in a sink filled with water for about 30 minutes before grilling. Heat the grill to medium-high. Take the corn out of the water and give them a bit of a shake before you put them on. Cook corn for about 30 min. Turn every 5-7 minutes. You want the outside to be moderately charred. To tell if they are done, I take one off, pull a bit of the husk off, and take a bite. It should be nice and crunchy, but not too crunchy! You want the outside pretty charred so that there is a bit of char on the corn and the silk should be pretty much burned off. I like to leave them sit while we cook the hamburgers..hot dogs...whatever. That lets them cool down a bit. Then take the husks off. I usually do this over the sink. Butter, season and eat! YUM!

No comments: