Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CSA, 9/16

Last Saturday, I had arranged with Farmer John for an "end of summer" tour of the farm. We hadn't been out for awhile and with the kids starting fall activities, I knew it was going to be darn near impossible to get out there much again. Zack has not yet been out and he was excited about seeing it all.

Well, the rain came and came and came last week, so roads were flooded out and there was just no way to get out there. So hopefully sometime soon we can try again!

In our share this week we got lots of apples (yay!), tomatoes (double yay!), and cucumbers. I used some of the tomatoes in the black bean salad I made tonight. I bought some fresh mozzerella tonight at the store and want to make a nice pizza sometime with those good tomatoes! Also finding recipes for "capresa salads" which look to die for!!

1 comment:

Megs said...

I LOVE a good capresa salad...